BreakSight’s mission is to enable discovery of novel DNA biomarkers of response to DNA-damaging therapeutics and to characterize cancer and targeted treatments through a precise genomic lens. We harness new technologies to unveil defined maps of DNA breakage, revealing DNA-damaging mechanisms of cancer therapeutics with high resolution and specificity.
One of the first commercial assays to identify sequences associated with site-specific DNA damage, our platform can uncover patterns of DNA breakage across the genome and quantify damage at specific DNA repeats. Our streamlined services offer unparalleled insights into mechanisms of genomic instability and can expand biomarker discovery for DDR drugs to the rest of the genome.
BreakSight’s unique services and products tag, retrieve, and localize DNA double-stranded breaks in cells exposed to acute DNA damage-inducing treatments with site-specific precision. Performance of next-generation sequencing and bioinformatics analyses reveals regions of DNA breakage genome-wide, laying the foundation for mechanistic insights related to a drug’s effect on the cancer genome and the discovery of new DNA sequence biomarkers that predict therapeutic response.
- DDsite –
- Performance of our BrITL assay to tag and retrieve DNA double-strand break sites across the genome from cells exposed to treatment(s) that induces DNA damage during proliferation
- Performance of next-generation sequencing on captured DNA break fragments (BrITL-Seq)
- DDinsight –
- Analysis of sequenced data through our stringent analysis pipeline to pinpoint reproducible sites of breakage across the genome
- Uncover DNA repeats and sequence motifs that are enriched across identified DNA break sites
- Compare sites across conditions
- Characterizing DNA breaks caused by different cancer drugs
- Revealing a drug’s genomic mechanisms-of-action
- Discovering a new class of biomarkers to deliver precision medicine
Our platform of services can provide a unique edge to pharma companies and research labs studying cell-based genetic models or compounds that affect the genome through defined mechanisms. Integrating non-genic and repetitive DNA into the repertoire of sequence biomarkers that predict benefit to targeted therapeutics has not been fully appreciated within drug development pipelines or in clinical decision-making. BreakSight’s technology can be instrumental in bringing this to the forefront by illuminating a different class of DNA biomarkers for current and newly-developing targeted cancer therapies. For instance, the identification of specific repeats as sites of prominent breakage upon treatment with a DDR drug can promote its use as sequence biomarkers of drug response, as well as help drive patient stratification in clinical trials.
Contact: Nishita Shastri, [email protected]
|Short Description||BreakSight’s vision is to advance precision medicine by uncovering precise maps of DNA damage. Our technology identifies site-specific DNA breakage across the genome from DNA-damaging compounds. Our innovative and comprehensive platform enables discovery of novel DNA biomarkers of drug response by unraveling mechanisms of genomic instability caused by targeted therapeutics.|