Welcome to day four of AACR 2021! Today’s Plenary Session, Cancer Biology and the Changing Therapeutic Landscape, will delve into the continued importance of targets residing within incipient tumor cells. The session begins at 10:45 a.m. EDT.
Our series of live panel discussions continues today with more than two dozen companion panels featuring the speakers from On Demand sessions who will discuss their sessions and answer questions submitted by attendees who viewed the On Demand session. Check the final program for a complete schedule of today’s live panel discussions.
Today’s program includes four live “Meet and Greet” networking events featuring the editors from top cancer journals.
- Meet the Editors-in-Chief of Blood Cancer Discovery: Riccardo Dalla-Favera, MD, FAACR, and Kenneth C. Anderson, MD, FAACR – 9:15 a.m. EDT
- Meet the Editor-in-Chief of Clinical Cancer Research: Keith T. Flaherty, MD – 1 p.m. EDT
- Meet the Editor-in-Chief of Molecular Cancer Research: Karen E. Knudsen, PhD – 2 p.m. EDT
- Meet the Editors-in-Chief of Cancer Discovery: Lewis C. Cantley, PhD, FAACR, and Luis A. Diaz, MD – 3 p.m. EDT
In a special session at 2:30 p.m. EDT, Dinah S. Singer, PhD, National Cancer Institute, will discuss Progress and the Future of the Cancer Moonshot. Dr. Singer co-chaired the 2016 Blue Ribbon Panel of the Cancer Moonshot and, from 1999 until 2019, she served as the Director of the Division of Cancer Biology (DCB).
This afternoon’s schedule also includes three in-depth forums, all beginning at 4:30 p.m. EDT.
- Embracing Entrepreneurship in Cancer Research
- Patient-Derived Models for Cancer
- What Is the Role for Oncolytic Viruses in Cancer Treatment?
Please be sure to consult the final program for the most up-to-date information. Recordings of both live and On Demand sessions will be available for registered attendees to watch until June 21.